POLL: Will you be pre-ordering directly from Apple or through your carrier?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kacper, Sep 11, 2015.

?

Will you be pre-ordering directly from Apple or through your carrier?

1. Apple

63.3%
  2. My carrier

32.2%
  3. Not sure yet

4.4%
  1. kacper macrumors regular

I don't know where I should pre-order my iPhone 6S 64GB Space Gray? :cool:

2. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

I'm sticking with Apple for order site, it's the one I'm familiar with and I know what to expect there.

AT&T site looks like a$$ and it's not obvious where to go to order the phone.

3. DiceMoney macrumors member

I'm going to get it from t mobile, they got a good deal, I wasn't even going to upgrade, but this deal seems too good to pass up.

Then will sell my current iPhone 6 in eBay or craigslist.

4. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I had bad luck preordering through AT&T before so Apple from now on.

5. laurarh macrumors regular

People may not even know the answer to this but do the carriers get their own unique shipments for their own orders or does it just all come through Apple?

I'm not too thrilled that I have to order through VZW so it would be nice if I at least have the potential for less competition.

6. marddin macrumors 6502

Is it true apple app store is the best way to pre-order, over the actual apple website? I just downloaded it to prefill my info and it's down. -_-

7. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

The Apple Store app is the best way to order. Sometimes the website will take longer to come back online than the app and that could cost you 2-3 weeks or more.

Make sure your payment options are up to date and if you're not using Apple Pay, you will need the security code from the back of your card. I made that mistake before. :(

8. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

Apple I have had to many issues from AT&T and Verizon before. I just hope it doesn't crash when the clock strikes midnight.

9. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

I want to preorder through Apple, as I've been successful every year in doing so, but AT&T offers Next + Down Payment. Some reps told me that I can add the down payment after ordering from Apple, to have my monthly payments halved, others said I can't.

I did get one rep who made a note on my account saying it's possible, so I think I'll order from Apple and take his word for it. I don't trust him, but I also don't trust AT&T to deliver my phone on launch day.

10. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

Would I be able to order from Apple if I'm on Next. I'm trading in my Phone and I'm eligible for an Upgrade, not sure if people in the past experienced this before.

11. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Next is actually the only option when upgrading on AT&T via Apple.

12. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

So then perhaps I'd just return my current phone into an AT&T store or mail it into AT&T. Thats the only part that's confusing me at this point.

13. sterl320 macrumors 6502

Going to my carrier store on the 25th. They always have phones there without having to stand in a line.

14. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

From what I understand, you'll have a certain amount of time (14 days?) to return your current phone after activating your new one. Not sure if the new phone comes with a prepaid return box for your old one via Apple, but I'm pretty sure it does via AT&T. You should be able to return it to an AT&T store though.

15. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

Yup that's my plan! Apple store it is tonight I'm really excited now.

16. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

I'm ordering through Verizon. I've done so the past 3 phones with good success. Apple seem's to never work for me for some reason. Not that I'm doing something wrong, but it just gets soooo bogged down.

Also, I'm not sure if Apple is letting Verizon customers upgrade via "Device Payment" or if they still default to 2yr or outright purchases.

17. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Through carrier since Apple website doesn't offer the 2 year contract through ATT

18. phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

Ordering through my carrier (AT&T) because I HAVE to, to keep my subsidy and 2-year contract and unlimited data.