Poll: Wireless connection issues: MB or router?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bking1000, Feb 16, 2008.

?

Do you have wireless connection drops?

1. Yes, I have a MB or MBP and use an Apple wireless router

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. No, I have a MB or MBP and use an Apple wireless router

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Yes, I have a MB or MBP and use an non-Apple wireless router (linksys or something else)

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  4. No, I have a MB or MBP and use an non-Apple wireless router (linksys or something else)

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. bking1000 macrumors 6502a

I have a SRMB now with a Linksys wireless router. I have no connection problems. I am interested in the time capsule, but I see a lot of people complaining about wireless drops in their MB and MBPs. It seems to me that they are often using an Apple wireless router. So, I am looking for feedback via this poll, to gauge if the issue is the MB or if it's the router.

EDIT: I think I didn't label the poll well. I mean "Yes" = I experience network drops, "No" = I don't experience network drops.

2. mrtune macrumors 6502a

At home I use an AEBS. It is rock solid and I get no wireless drops.

I also use my macbook at my gf's house. Over there they use a d-link router. My computer is the only one that disconnects. Their windows laptops all work fine. A while back it worked great when they weren't using an type of security. After I started dating her and bringing my laptop over I had told them to turn on the security (they are not computer gurus). As soon as I helped them turn on the WPA2, my computer started having issues. For the sake of security I would rather have issues than ask them to go back to an unsecured network. I was hoping that 10.5.2 would fix the issues but that wasn't the case. Looks like I'll be waiting for 10.5.3 (hopefully then and not some later update).

3. Luzzio macrumors regular

Luzzio

When I first brought it home two days ago, it couldn't connect to the wireless. I tried it at the coffee place outside my college the next day, worked fine. Updated OS X to 10.5.2 and went home, and it now connects flawlessly.

I'm using a non-apple router.

4. BNO macrumors member

BNO

At home I do not have Wireless drops with my MB. When I'm on the go it depends on the locations. In locations where I had no issues with my previouse iBook G4 I now have issues. So I votet for Yes, no Apple Router.