Pollux App Replacement/Similar? Song tagging for iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joejoejoe, Dec 18, 2009.

1. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

Hey All,

I just found out about pollux http://polluxapp.com/ from TUAW and unfortunately I found out a little too late. It seems to be this great app that works similar to Shazam on the iPhone. It reads through your iTunes library and fixes all your songs to have proper titles, albums, album art, etc.

The servers are down according to the site. I don't know how long this has been the case and don't know how long it's going to last. Does anyone have any FREE alternatives that they know of?

Thanks

2. DangerRuss macrumors newbie

I was wondering the same thing?

Any alternatives?

3. ScubaTim19 macrumors newbie

Add me to the bandwagon of people looking for a Pollux replacement. I was hoping they'd eventually get it sorted out and get the app working again, but it's looking grimmer each passing month. =/

4. Patrick425 macrumors member

I was dissappointed to find out that Pollux's service was shut down.. I was really looking forward to finally cleaning my iTunes library. Anyway, in searching for an alternative I found a program called TuneUp:

http://www.tuneupmedia.com/

5. may3 macrumors newbie

Pollux Is Back!

Hey everyone, great news. They got the pollux app up and running again. It's available for a low price of only $10! at www.polluxapp.com.

"If you use iTunes on a Mac and aren't using Pollux you're missing a treat" - Leo Laporte

6. marvolo macrumors newbie

Let me just say that Pollux has got the ********* customer support. Sent a question off some time ago and still no response.

If there any alternatives now, I'm up for it.