Poltergeist in ipad mini

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by peterp9999, May 20, 2014.

1. peterp9999 macrumors newbie

Hey there iPad experts...

This is a serious post. On two successive evenings (just before midnight) my ipad on my home office desk has started playing videos without anyone or anything being near it.

The first was a Youtube video when I hadn't used the ipad in over a day or two. It was laying on top of my Macbook Pro keyboard connected to a wifi network and was locked and sleeping.

Last night, same circumstances, it was a business app I use that started playing a video of Leadership tips.

As I listened to the news of cyber hackers being arrested, has anyone heard of iOS vulnerabilities ?

Thanks for your interest.

Peter

2. thegreati macrumors regular

You are probably experiencing what I call "Ghosting". Something about the digitizer has gone caddywhompus and is has started to act up. This will give the appearance that someone has taken control of your iPad.

Look into getting the glass replaced, or swap it with Apple.

3. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Set up a camera to capture it if it happens again :)

4. SomeRandomAnt macrumors newbie

No cyber hacker could have controlled your iPad unless you have not changed your SSH password (Jailbreak), you are using a 3rd party charger, or you have downloaded an app from a third party source.

5. jeremysteele macrumors 6502

Sounds like my nexus 7. Those are famously known for having "phantom touches" on the screen due to some strange grounding issues that Google has yet to fix (for years). It's spooky with the "show touch" developer feature enabled, since it lets you see touches on the screen.

Haven't heard of iPads having those issues too commonly, but it could very well be due to a bad screen. There are quite a few times I open up my nexus and its loaded some random app. :eek:

But..... but.... what if it doesn't want to be recorded. :confused: