Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DOMCHO101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
Los Gatos, CA
So I was finally able to get my dream iPad 2 (16 black wifi) and I was sold on the Smart Cover after trying it out in the store. I bought the Blue cover but I am thinking about trading it in for a different color.

I definitely don't want Pink, and Green is out of the question because it's my least favorite color, so it's a toss-up between these 3:

Blue-keep my current cover, blue is my favorite color but this is just a little too 'baby' blue for me
Orange-I like the flashiness of it, but maybe it's a little too much?
Gray-although it looks a little boring, especially considering the microfiber side is almost the same shade as the front, however it'd be cool cuz it kind of matches the iPad's unibody

Tell me what you think! Slash which cover you have!

Oh and leather is out of the question because it's too much money and I feel like the leather will deteriorate faster...

-Thanks! :cool:

oakie

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2008
seattle
you should get pink as it would represent your inability to make an aesthetic decision for yourself.

KittyKatta

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2011
SoCal
Blue-keep my current cover, blue is my favorite color but this is just a little too 'baby' blue for me
Orange-I like the flashiness of it, but maybe it's a little too much?
Gray-although it looks a little boring, especially considering the microfiber side is almost the same shade as the front, however it'd be cool cuz it kind of matches the iPad's unibody
Actually, the entire smart cover product line are a bit too bright. Even gray is a few shades brighter than it should be. I guess because most Apple users tend to be flashy, but I want a more subdued and professional color.

anyway, in our family we have one black leather and I use a gray for now but Im considering the tan and then leather staining it a bit darker.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Actually, the entire smart cover product line are a bit too bright. Even gray is a few shades brighter than it should be. I guess because most Apple users tend to be flashy, but I want a more subdued and professional color.

anyway, in our family we have one black leather and I use a gray for now but Im considering the tan and then leather staining it a bit darker.

I would agree. There is not a single color (except maybe the black) that is designed for the corporate/legal arena....they need a dark cordovan leather....and why I have a portenzo ordered...use a grey cover around house...

mloffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2009
I have the orange in my white iPad and it looks great! For a black iPad, though, I'd go with the green personally but blue is also nice.

mcarthon

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Blue is the hardest to find of the polys. Keep it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.