Polynumial - Translate Numbers into Spelled Out Words

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by daver969, Jul 14, 2013.

?

What language(s) would you like to learn the numbers and counting?

1. Mandarin

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Spanish

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. English

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Arabic

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  5. Hindi

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  6. Bengali

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Portuguese

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Russian

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  9. Japanese

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. daver969 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I'm an independent developer with a couple apps in the App store. The latest is Polynumial, a number translator.

App store:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id590058019?mt=8

http://www.redwork.org/polynumial/

Polynumial translate numbers (digits) into spelled-out words in over 50 languages (see the website for a list). It has two ways to enter numbers: calculator style and odomoeter style (aka "spinning wheels"; a demo video on the website shows the spinning wheels in action). It's also got a flashcard mode for practice - the clue is a number and the answer is the spelled out word. I plan to add the reverse clue-answer drill in a future version.

Version 1.1 was recently released, it adds transliteration: converting non-latin alphabet languages into a latinized spelling. This helps with learning pronunciation (though it is not a replacement for learning proper pronunciation by hearing native speakers). Transliteration is available for Mandarin, Hindi, Arabic, Persian, Cyrillic-based languages, Thai, Korean, Greek, Armenian, Georgian, Hebrew, and Tamil.

I focused on making the interface as easy to use as possible, in addition to the standard 'calculator' style entry, I wanted to include a way to make counting easy. The odometer mode uses spinning wheels so the user can quickly count up or down, by 1's, 10's, 100's, etc. Also, it's easy to copy and paste spelled numbers from the app into other apps.

Check it out and learn to count to 100 in another language!

2. daver969 thread starter macrumors newbie

New release of Polynumial: universal app for iPhone/iPad

Quick announcement: Polynumial is now a universal app, runs natively on iPhone and iPad. The iPad version has 2 translation panes: lets you use 2 modes at once, and also displays the language chooser on the main page, for quick switching.