Pondering about the Mac Pro (Nehalem Xeon)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Red Comet, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Red Comet macrumors member

Hello MacRumor peoples

Do you think I should buy this thing?

I'm a photoshop guy wanting to expand my knowledge and I'm currently using an Athlon X2 processor on CS4. I might be working in the future as a "penetrator" (one who tests out company's network security and what not) and I could use a machine based on BSD.

I don't do many tasks on my current desktop because the performance isn't all that great; It pretty much takes care of my basics (internet, email, and IM needs). I want to start making HD AMVs and I obviously can't do that atm with what I got currently.

I could just build a new rig or upgrade my processor to a Phenom II but I always wanted a Mac for many years. I have no problem with Windows XP it does the job, I also tried the beta of Windows 7 and it was amazing, I'm wanting to try something different mainly because I hear Macs are worry free which is something I desire.

What do you guys advise?

2. Liam8 macrumors 6502

Liam8

Go with mac!!

I am a mac fan (of course) so I would highly recommend getting a mac pro. And it would do everything you want and more!:D:apple:

3. DolemiteJackson macrumors member

The Mac Pro would suit you well, and you can always get an XP machine on the cheap.

4. Theirishjoey macrumors member

The Mac Pro would do you fine and if necessary you could run windows xp in a vm or boot camp.

Enjoy.