poor battery life after jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by utneon, Mar 19, 2011.

1. utneon macrumors regular

i jailbreaked my iphone 4 4.2.1

i notice less battery life with jailbreak. is this normal?

2. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Well it depends. Have you added a lot of tweaks and themes to your device? If so then yes, expect a shorter battery life.

3. utneon thread starter macrumors regular

i've only installed "SBSettings" and "Installous 4.0"

4. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Well how different is your battery life. Do you have some examples of your previous usage and your usage now? That would be helpful if you have that information.

5. utneon thread starter macrumors regular

unfortunately i don't have =/

6. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Well if you just jailbroke your device, using apps like Cydia to search and download tweaks will cause your battery to drop (only while using it). I would recommend charging your phone to 100% and just use it normally as you would if it was not jailbroken. There shouldn't be a decrease in your battery life with just those two things installed. I have a lot more installed and my battery seems to be just fine.

7. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

Try a reboot. Try a restore from backup. Once you do figure out the culprit, try and keep your tweeks to just 5 or (at most) 10 if you are trying to have comparable battery life. I just have sbsettings, bitesms, my3g, infinifolders, and activator. I don't see any difference in battery life.

8. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

1 b `gf

I didnt notice a difference whatsoever when i jailbroke my iphone 4 4.01 with jailbreakme.

The only thing that interests me in jailbreaking is tethering. so all i installed was MyWi. And terminal to change root pass.

9. n8236 macrumors 65816

I have had jailbroken iPhones since generation 1 and have not noticed any significant battery draining. I would check again to see what you're running that's sucking up up battery.

10. JSHidaka macrumors newbie

Since you always JB the iphone and dont use it w/o it, you dont know the diference.

Actually yes, JB 4.2+ (not sure about 4.1) drain the battery, how much, like 15-20% more,

Today I did the JB for 4.3.1, since 4.2 im not using JB on my iphone coz the battery drain.

Daily I do the samething, Drive to the Gym (~15 mins), at the gym while im in the bike watch a series episode (~40 mins), do some workout listening music(~30 mins), drive back to home (~20 mins), by the time im back @ home my battery is @80-85%

Today, back to home, using my iphone 4 4.3.1 w/ JB, the battery was @ 68%.

If you dont care about that draining, its ok, but sadly it matters for me.