Poor battery life?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dj1891, Jan 27, 2016.

1. dj1891 macrumors regular

dj1891

I upgraded yesterday coming from a 5C to an iPhone 6. Now one thing I have noticed is battery life seems worse on the 6. For example, I take my phone of the charger at 6.30am, I have I check emails etc and before I got out to work at 7.30am my battery life on my 5C is about 99%, On my 6 its at 94%, I'm not sure how this will fair out all day but I am kind of scared to use it. Will it last the entire day? I don't think so. My 5C I would come home with 60-70% battery still left.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

How many days have you had it? It will often take at least a few days and charge cycles before you can see more realistic typical battery usage. You also want to make sure that any backup restore and sync processes have wrapped up and your phone isn't actively doing something most of the time.

3. xixi.li macrumors regular

Just give your iPhone 6 a few days overnight charge

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

As in just keeping it plugged in for a long time?

5. xixi.li macrumors regular

yes,it is

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

What would that do?

7. bahndoos macrumors 6502

bahndoos

i think he means let it charge overnight a few times, as you also suggested.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

That's why I asked the follow up question, the answer to which sounded a little different.