Poor battery performance all of a sudden

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ToddH, Aug 23, 2016.

1. ToddH, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016

ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

On my 6s Plus, I've been noticing that my battery is draining quickly with normal use compared to what it used to be like. For example I've only been using my phone now for three hours and 45 minutes since my last full charge and it's at 60%. I still have all of my settings and options turned on or off to preserve battery life and yet it still falls quickly. If any of you guys have experience of the same situation, what did you do to correct the issue to make your battery last longer?

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

For starters, it might help to let others know what Phone are you currently using to assist in diagnosing your concern.

3. ray737 macrumors regular

I have been experiencing the same thing went to Apple Store as well as talked to them on the phone. I still have apple care for another month. I have an iPhone 6 Plus. They ran a battery test everything came back normal. Other than the battery is really at 80% after 2 years "normal" wear and tear as they said. I was told to allow my phone to completely die lose all the charge to "recalibrate" the battery. I have to say it seems to have helped. My battery is back to lasting me all day. The other thing I have noticed the 60% or whatever percentage you are seeing is not accurate. My phone went down to 10% and I was able to use it for hours!!

4. ToddH thread starter macrumors 6502a

ToddH

That's right.... Sorry about that. Minor oversight. It is the iPhone 6s Plus
    --- Post Merged, Aug 24, 2016 ---
    Yeah I've tried to calibrate my battery several times but today I just watched the battery percentage just drop. At 2 1/2 hours into my usage, it was down to 60 something percent. So I'm going to try it again and see what happens right now I'm at 12% after five hours of use

5. ray737 macrumors regular

Try using your phone till it dies...also try to see if a reset does anything