Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

megalaser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
Hi, I just bought some Bose QC35 Wireless headphones, they connect fine to my IOS devices but when connected to the Mac Pro the audio is chopping and stuttering, cutting in and out . . . does anyone else have experience of this please and did you find a fix?

The Mac Pro sees the headphone bluetooth, I connect to it and then select the headphones as the audio output device in system prefs . . . but then the horrible choppy broken audio . . . .

Number Curtain

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2012
Never select the Mic of those headphones as the MacOS sound input. I bought QC35's myself, two weeks ago. From my googling, it seems any access to it's mic, switches it's bluetooth codec over to one meant to take calls on a smart phone. Which turns the audio you hear on a computer into garbage. With no workarounds. Not even with Apple Bluetooth Explorer tweaks. So I just hold up an old mic up in front of me on the rare moments I need to speak. The amazing noise canceling silence is worth it though. There's allot to read about it in the Bose Reddit forum. https://www.reddit.com/r/bose/

megalaser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
Thanks for your reply, I haven't selected the QC35 mic as audio input, I removed and re-added the QC35's to the Mac Pro and it seems intermittent, they may run OK for a while then for no reason the audio in the headphones starts dropping out and stuttering (I am right next to the Mac) . . . .

Number Curtain

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2012
I had short bluetooth range stuttering too. Even just sitting at the computer. I solved it for me, by unplugging my
IOGEAR GBU521 Bluetooth 4.0 dongle, from the front of my flashed Mac Pro early 2009. And and locating it next to the door to the hallway, on then end of a 6.5 foot male to female usb cable. That not only gave my QC35 headphones stutter free bluetooth range, as far as half the house now. But it also stopped my two Magic Mice from dropping connections once or twice per day. I disconnected the internal bluetooth card.

megalaser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
I had short bluetooth range stuttering too. Even just sitting at the computer. I solved it for me, by unplugging my
IOGEAR GBU521 Bluetooth 4.0 dongle, from the front of my flashed Mac Pro early 2009. And and locating it next to the door to the hallway, on then end of a 6.5 foot male to female usb cable. That not only gave my QC35 headphones stutter free bluetooth range, as far as half the house now. But it also stopped my two Magic Mice from dropping connections once or twice per day. I disconnected the internal bluetooth card.
Thanks - do you have the 2013 Mac Pro?

megalaser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
Thanks, different machine, my Bluetooth audio problem is with the 2013 Mac Pro . . .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.