iPhone 11 Pro Poor eyesight. Is 11 or 11 pro better?

bulldoze

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
Considering a new iPhone as I am currently still using a 6s that has serviced me well but is surely due replacement. My eyesight is just not as good as it used to be and I am thinking what would be easier for me to read? an 11 with a bigger screen or an 11 Pro with OLED?

I could make a visit to a store at some point to try them but sometimes my eyesight is ok, it only really deteriorates when I am tired and have been reading for awhile. Not sure how the intensity of OLED will affect my eyes after a long period.

now i see it

macrumors 601
Jan 2, 2002
When eyesight isn't keen, bigger is king.
The 11 will display bigger everything than the pro, and the Pro Max will be the biggest. If you're contemplating one of the pro screens, be aware that they're Apple's version of OLED screens which can cause a lot of vision/headache problems for some people. Be prepared to return it if headaches and eyestrain develop - especially if you're planning on doing a lot of reading with it.

Another option that doesn't sound as sexy is the 8 Plus. That screen is the best for reading

Reactions: bulldoze

kis

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2007
Switzerland
Considering a new iPhone as I am currently still using a 6s that has serviced me well but is surely due replacement. My eyesight is just not as good as it used to be and I am thinking what would be easier for me to read? an 11 with a bigger screen or an 11 Pro with OLED?

I could make a visit to a store at some point to try them but sometimes my eyesight is ok, it only really deteriorates when I am tired and have been reading for awhile. Not sure how the intensity of OLED will affect my eyes after a long period.
Go max - same boat as you. I’d probably need reading glasses but too proud to buy any yet, so I’ve been getting larger phones.

Reactions: bulldoze

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
I have albinism, even with glasses on I see very poorly.

I have always had the Plus phones, and I tried the oled x and xs in the shop which is just a bit smaller, but i noticed instantly there's a difference. I ordered the Max this time, just because the smaller letters are a bit bigger and under accessibility the size can be increased and then it's comfortable for my eyes.

Reactions: kis and bulldoze