Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doberman211

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
Canada
I recently got an iPhone 5 (black) for christmas and the first thing I noticed after adding my music was that the audio quality when using headphones was just terrible. It was fuzzy, the best way to describe it.

At first I thought it was because I checked the box to compress it to 256kb/s so I tried syncing just a few lossless albums, didn't fix the problem. My headphones work fine with my laptop so that's not the issue. I tried using soundcloud and the same songs play back fine there without all the 'artifacts' that the Music app has. Is it a problem with the app?

I'd consider bringing it into an apple store to get them to figure out the problem but all we have in my town is a Jump+ reseller. Anyone have any ideas as to what the issue is, because I have no clue at this point.

My headphones are BoseQC15. I'm using this phone as my ipod too since my classic died and i need a replacement anyway.

Last edited:

doberman211

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
Canada
Oh i think the problem is with the new connector because i tried the sync over wifi and the songs are fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.