Poor reception iPhone 5 vs 4s

Goldielocks19

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
NY
Anyone else having an issue.
My bf has iPhone 4S with vzw, he getting better reception than I am! We were at his moms, I couldn't load a page meanwhile he was able to check all his fantasy teams. I was bouncing btwn O and LTE and he was 3G. It's a rough reception house both only showing 2-3bars, but I couldn't understand same acct, sitting next to each other only difference was phone model and he was getting better reception!
I came from AT&T so I don't have any prior experience with VZW. Is it my phone? Is it cause its searching for LTE?
Thanks.

russk

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2012
My iphone5 gets much worse reception than my iphone4. AT&T Staff tell me it's because the new phone has a metal. Back. They say they have gotten many complaints. I am really missing Steve Jobs. I doubt he would have let this happen. I am very disappointed

haruhiko

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2009
My iphone5 gets much worse reception than my iphone4. AT&T Staff tell me it's because the new phone has a metal. Back. They say they have gotten many complaints. I am really missing Steve Jobs. I doubt he would have let this happen. I am very disappointed
Steve Jobs let antennagate happen. :rolleyes:

The cellular reception of my iPhone 5 is VERY much better than my iPhone 4.

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
My 5 is way better than my 4 ever was. I think it depends on where you live and what the signal is like in your area. I get LTE on my phone in so many places with Verizon that I just got edge or nothing with AT&T that it's ridiculous. Where I love, Verizon is better but where my sister lives, Sprint is better than Verizon or AT&T. Go figure!