Poor reception iPhone 5 vs 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Goldielocks19, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Goldielocks19 macrumors member

Goldielocks19

Anyone else having an issue.
    My bf has iPhone 4S with vzw, he getting better reception than I am! We were at his moms, I couldn't load a page meanwhile he was able to check all his fantasy teams. I was bouncing btwn O and LTE and he was 3G. It's a rough reception house both only showing 2-3bars, but I couldn't understand same acct, sitting next to each other only difference was phone model and he was getting better reception!
    I came from AT&T so I don't have any prior experience with VZW. Is it my phone? Is it cause its searching for LTE?
    Thanks.

2. ndpitch macrumors 6502

3. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

Complete opposite for me. I'm having much better reception than from my 4.

4. Goldielocks19 thread starter macrumors member

Goldielocks19

Thanks, getting lost with so many posts finding it hard to weed through real issues lol
    Gonna try disabling my LTE next time just as an experiment.

5. russk macrumors newbie

My iphone5 gets much worse reception than my iphone4. AT&T Staff tell me it's because the new phone has a metal. Back. They say they have gotten many complaints. I am really missing Steve Jobs. I doubt he would have let this happen. I am very disappointed

6. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Steve Jobs let antennagate happen. :rolleyes:

The cellular reception of my iPhone 5 is VERY much better than my iPhone 4.

7. BigMcGuire macrumors demi-god

BigMcGuire

Add me to the list of people whose 5 has much better reception than their 4s.

8. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

My 5 is way better than my 4 ever was. I think it depends on where you live and what the signal is like in your area. I get LTE on my phone in so many places with Verizon that I just got edge or nothing with AT&T that it's ridiculous. Where I love, Verizon is better but where my sister lives, Sprint is better than Verizon or AT&T. Go figure!