poor wifi on 5s....

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by digitalfailure, Nov 2, 2014.

1. digitalfailure macrumors regular

Anyone else having issues with the WIFI on a 5s being really slow and even dropping out?

I can't remember it being flaky on iOS7, but on 8 and 8.1 it's been dire.

I find myself constantly getting it to relax onto the wifi because safari will say it's not connected to the server. I'd only read that wifi was a problem for the 6 / 6+ though.

2. RebornProphet Suspended

I'm taking my iPad Air back to the Apple Store for this very reason, along with random resprings to the Apple logo, Safari freezing while typing and then crashing (resulting in me losing what I've typed), and Spotlight crashing with an odd black & white pixelated home screen rather than the transparency effect.

iOS 8.1 is a dogs dinner. I've restored, set up as new, reset network settings, manually changed DNS settings, and my wifi can go from fast to utterly unusable within minutes. Sick of it.

3. That-Guy macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

My 5S seems to be fine it's my iPad Air which has wifi issues.

I have to constantly put in and out of aeroplane mode to get full speed wifi again, hoping the next update will fix this.

4. digitalfailure thread starter macrumors regular

I have 8.1 on my iPad 3 retina and while it seems a tad slower than I remember the wifi is generally stable.

This 5s is awful, showing full signal strength 6 ft away from the wifi router and I get safari is not connected to the internet messages. fire up the iPad or the iPhone 4s we have on the same wifi and both are working fine.

Any eta on 8.2?

5. RebornProphet Suspended

Likewise, my 5s is absolutely fine. Strange when both devices have identical wifi settings.

6. I7guy macrumors G5

Ipad 2 is fine on wifi with 8.1. 5S using Safari is a tad slower on 8.1 than on 7.1.2 and I get an occasional disconnect. Funny that speedtest shows wifi speed almost full blast.