Poor wireless performance when on battery power

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Foggy, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Foggy macrumors 6502a

I am not sure if it is only since the upgrade to 10.4.10 but I have noticed recently that my wireless network performance when running on battery power is absolutely awful - when browsing and clicking links it just hangs for ages. If I grab the power cable and plug it in its fine so its not my router or the wireless network itself. I have the power settings set at Better Performance when on battery to see if that made any difference but nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can try to sort this? Its driving me nuts and effectively makes wireless networking pointless as I have to be plugged into the mains.

2. Mpulsive81 macrumors 6502

it's related to the 10.4.10 update

You can view my thread and see what i'm talking about. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=319264

In there is a link to the apple forum where this is a HUGE issue. No one seems to have a fullproof fix. And Apple isn't taking ownership of the issue.

3. Foggy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess at least I am not alone - really dont want to have to go reinstall the machine to go back to 10.4.9 though.