Pop Go The Speakers

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mistershark, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Mistershark macrumors regular

Hey all, I'm on a 15" Macbook Pro, 2.2 GHz (Santa Rosa). I was watching a few House videos online today, listening through stock iPod headphones, and as I hit play on the next episode, a burst of horrendous white noise (the kind a TV with awful reception makes) came through the headphones. My adrenaline is still rushing. Anyway, I foolishly unplugged the headphones, thinking that they were the problem, since heavy bass causes the right one to rattle a bit unnaturally. Then, after I did this, the speakers on the Mac popped, sounding like ears popping on an airplane. This happens everytime I go up from Volume level 0 to Volume level 1. I haven't restarted the computer yet. I'm scared that the startup chime will cause serious havoc on the speakers.

Anyway, it'd be great if it could be fixed without a trip to the Apple Store (my warranty expired a while ago). Thanks for your time.

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Do they still make sounds apart from the pop?

Mine (also on a SR 2.2 GHz MBP) did that a while ago. I was scared crazy but a restart fixed it. No problems ever since.

3. Mistershark thread starter macrumors regular

Ah, I feel silly. I restarted. There was no startup chime, but the audio works fine now. Thanks a bunch. :eek: