POP Hotmail on the Ipod Touch - Retrieving Old Messages first?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by matt07lx, Aug 4, 2008.

1. matt07lx macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone - I finally caved and paid for the Hotmail Plus to get POP3 access for my hotmail account (for various reasons, tired of fighting with HTTPmail, izymail, etc. Yes, I know I should just switch to Gmail but bear with me please). It works great on the MBP, but on the ipod touch it only downloads the 50 OLDEST emails (out of 1000s) instead of the most RECENT messages. I've tried everything and searched the forums, but can't seem to find a solution. I want to keep the archive of old messages on the server, but I also want to be able to check my new messages from the Itouch.

Is this simply another example of Microsoft's inability to allow Apple customers any satisfaction?

2. MrGiggles058 macrumors newbie

MrGiggles058

3. RealEvil macrumors 6502

I had the exact same issue.

the best thing to do is download Windows Live Mail (a IMAP hotmail client), move all your messages into another folder ('inbox archive' etc) and then sync again.

i dont know if its MS or Apple but it sucks.

Or just get a GMail account and use your POP access to Hotmail to redirect all your mail to GMail

4. Akkly macrumors newbie

solution

i was having the same problem last month and read your post, and i think i know how to solve the issue.

on your ipod touch, go to;
    1. Settings
    2. Mail, Contacts, Calenders
    3. under the heading 'Mail', click the 'Show' tab and select between showing 25, 50, 75, 100, and 200 messages.

hope this helps:D