Pop-out Pictures

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by nsheikh80, Mar 22, 2010.

1. nsheikh80 macrumors regular

nsheikh80

I'm designing my site in iWeb and came across www.unison.com. The way the pictures pop-out when you click on them looks really good. Does anyone know how you can do this in iWeb?

2. needlnerdz macrumors regular

needlnerdz

Sorry- I don't know if it can be done with iWeb, but the keywords you need to search online for are:

lytebox or lightbox = various spellings of essentially the same thing. just add iweb to the end of that search and you're bound to come up with tutorials.

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

You can take a look at this Highslide for iweb tutorial. A lot of these types of scripts require you to edit the HTML, which iWeb doesn't allow you to do from the program, only after publishing it, except when adding HTML snippets. I have script that does inline image viewing and doesn't require editing the HTML except for adding a script tag. I haven't tested my script with an iWeb site though, so can't say if it will work or not.

4. smirking macrumors 6502a

Unision's site is done in Drupal and the pop-out effect is accomplished with the jQuery JavaScript framework and the Lightbox jQuery plugin module. You don't need the Drupal part. You just need to setup the jQuery part, but as a few people already mentioned, it may not be possible with iWeb. I code websites professionally so I have no idea what iWeb's capabilities are.

There are plenty of other Lightbox clones for all sorts of different JavaScript frameworks. The jQuery Lightbox is itself a clone of a module by the same name written for the Prototype JavaScript framework.