POP3 E-mail Account Stopped Working With AT&T Network

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mikebenton, Sep 16, 2009.

1. mikebenton macrumors newbie

Yesterday I noticed my POP3 account wouldn't receive e-mail while at work. When I got home and my phone connected via wi-fi, it received the e-mail just fine.

My other apps continued to work yesterday (Facebook, Tweetdeck, etc.). When I got back to work today I noticed the same issue exist. My co-worker who also has an iPhone said the same thing. The issue occurs when on the 3G network, not while just at work....btw.

After a long attempt, it displays a message stating it could not connect to the server. Yet again, all other IP services work.

2. mikebenton thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you...

Well, it was my first and last post to this forum....

People troubleshoot a service that isn't even a feature yet (MMS) and they aren't moved to this folder. I have an established connection to my POP3 service, along with about 6 co-workers, and all of our POP3 services stop working at the same time and I get moved to the tips and help section?!?

I saw this as an issue with AT&T service. I wanted to know if other people outside of my company experience the same issue with their personal accounts.