popcorn / dvd burning

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fearxtragedy, Jan 5, 2008.

1. fearxtragedy macrumors member

i'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but you guys seem to know what you're talking about so far, so i'll try =D

i have a couple of discs i've copied to my hard drive using mactheripper (ER, season six to be specific), but popcorn 2 and 3 both say that the VIDEO_TS folder is too large to burn to a 4.7 GB DVD. even when i take out the menus and the subtitles, it is still too large. without having to buy dual layer DVDs, is there any way to "split" the video and spread it across two discs?

thanks in advance.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

No, but Popcorn will compress the video to fit it all on one disk. If you don't want the compression then you'll need to buy DL disks.

3. fearxtragedy thread starter macrumors member

i understand that popcorn employs their "fit-to-dvd" compression, however popcorn 2 unexpectedly quits during compression, and popcorn 3 tells me that the file is too large.

am i doing something wrong? can i rip the disc at a lower quality to decrease the file size?

4. sal macrumors 6502

I don't know of any mac software that "splits" it. The only one I know of that has this feature is on windows. DVDfab. It's not free though and again requires windows.