Popcorn Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by richiec, Nov 7, 2008.

1. richiec macrumors newbie

Hey guys , I'm new to Mac(PC to Mac), and loving it. I downloaded mac the ripper, and I have Popcorn. I burned a movie on to a dvd, and i would like to put the movie on my hard drive, so I could also put it onto my Ipod. How do I go about that?

Thanks for your help

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Well, I am a little confused because if it is a movie that you ripped with Mac The Ripper it is already on your hard drive (unless you erased it after you burned the disk with Popcorn)...:confused:

You can watch MTR ripped movies at their full quality from your hard drive with the built in DVD Player application by opening it and selecting "Open DVD Media..." (or Command+O) and navigating to your movie's VIDEO_TS folder.

3. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

Well now that you have the movie, just sit down on the couch and eat the popcorn, make sure you have something to drink, cause you will get thirsty. As a matter of fact i did that last night.

4. richiec thread starter macrumors newbie

I opend it in the built in DVD player. My other question is how do i get it on my IPOD?

Thanks for the help!

5. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

That is where the previous poster's suggestion of Handbrake comes into play- to compress the heck out of it and set up a format appropriate for iPod (and other devices).

6. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

I use handbrake a lot. I have not converted with HB from MTR. Handbrake is easy to rip from dvd. Hope you have Leopard. I don't think HB works w/ tiger anymore.

7. richiec thread starter macrumors newbie

8. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Actually Safari has nothing to do with anything in this thread (other than needing a browser to download Handbreak that is). Safari is just the name of the particular internet browser you are using on your Mac- since it is Apple's browser and is installed on all new Macs. Other browsers you may have heard mentioned are Firefox, Opera, Camino, OmniWeb, etc.

Leopard is the operating system- which if I remember right from another thread your computer IS running Leopard (that is, 10.5.x). That is all that counts because as iknowyourider mentioned the latest version of Handbrake does only run under Leopard.

If by chance I have remembered wrong and you are running Tiger (10.4.x) you would need to find an earlier version of Handbrake that ran under it.

9. richiec thread starter macrumors newbie

My bad. I have tiger. Any software that works with it?

10. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

Does anyone know for sure if an older version of HB will actually work with Tiger? I thought it quit working. That's the only info I can find. I have Tiger on my Powerbook and would love to have HB on it too. I had HB on my Mini before I upped it to Leopard. While running Tiger, I never upgraded my Handbrake because I knew the new version was for Leopard. Then it quit working and I had to move on.

11. chefster macrumors newbie

is that anything like"popcorn from Hell?" the chinese version?