Popping noises then sound out?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rekhyt, Jan 5, 2009.

1. rekhyt macrumors 65816

My friend needs help on his MacBook Pro-This is what he said:
    "I was messing around with garageband with speakers on, and then mixing and messing around with tracks when suddenly there is this popping(?) noise and then the sound goes out. Doesn't reappear until I restarted it. What's happening? :confused:

I tried putting it to sleep but then when I unsleeped it again the popping noise appeared..."

... This happened to me too. Mine just went away with the sleep though. (I gave him the advice to do that.)

Please post back, thanks. :)

2. Mercellus macrumors regular

Hmm, I haven't seen that behaviour on my MacBook Pro at all when using GarageBand. Not sure what could be causing it.

3. rekhyt thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm not quite sure but I also had it once when I was messing around with garage band...

:| It also happens to some other people when listening(?) to a specific song... Couldn't remember which one though. :\

4. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Something weird happened to me in XP. I was gaming and I heard some weird sounds, and then the sound for the game stopped working. However, I could still adjust the volume with the controls and I could hear the popping sound it always makes. It was just the application that lost sound.

I dunno if this is related, but anyway who knows, maybe.

5. bit density macrumors 6502

From what I understand...

This is unusual, if not down right rare. But it is very likely you will be found dead in a week.

6. rekhyt thread starter macrumors 65816

Hmm... :\ What happened to my friend and I was that it went out until we restarted/went into sleep mode and unsleeped it...

Ok... That's scary. :( It's not dead though...