Popping sound on new macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by braap13, Nov 18, 2008.

1. braap13 macrumors newbie

So I have had my new aluminum macbook for 2 weeks now and love it except for one issue. About once or twice a minute it makes a really annoying popping sound from the right speaker. It sounds like a crackle and then a pop. It happens if volume is up or muted, headphones plugged in/no headphones, music/video playing or not. Basically it happens all the time, nothing will stop the sound.

My question is should this be something I worry about, and get replaced/fixed? This is my first macbook and love everything about it except this popping sound. I have yet to contact applecare or take it to the store as I'm a busy college student and the store is an hour or so away. Just wanted to get your guys opinions on this issue first.

2. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

If it were me, it's definitely something I would get fixed.

3. eneisch macrumors 6502a

I don't think that is normal. I would make a genius appointment if I were you.

4. tongteh macrumors 6502

is it something like a spring sound?? somewhere from the right?? i think i have one of those.. but i hear it when there is movement of my macbook, just randomly creating spring like poping sound.

5. cubhands macrumors newbie

same problem!!

i just bought mine like 2 weeks ago too
    and i have noticed the same problem!

have you gone to get yours looked at? whatd they say?

6. FFJesse macrumors newbie

I've got the same issue. I'm new to mac and just purchased my MPB last week, 15" MBP. I exchanged it yesterday and I'm having the same issue with this one. I would really like to know if this is normal or not and what it is.:mad: