Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Smartphone accessory maker PopSockets today announced a new version called the PopGrip Slide that will be available in exclusive colors on Apple's website and in select Apple stores around the world. This accessory is compatible with iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max.

popsockets-iphone-11.jpg

The PopGrip Slide attaches to the iPhone and is specifically designed to work with Apple's Silicone Cases, coming in matching Black, White, Pink Sand, Midnight Blue, and Red color options.

PopSocket accessories allow for easier one-handed control of the iPhone, and the company says that it lets users take better selfies and can even be used as a stand for watching videos. The PopGrip Slide is compatible with PopSockets swappable products so the top can be twisted off and a new design can be added.

PopGrip Slide costs $15 and will be available exclusively on Apple.com and in select Apple stores soon.

Update: Now available.

Article Link: PopSockets Announces New 'PopGrip Slide' Accessory in Exclusive Colors Coming to Apple's Website and Retail Stores [Updated]

Last edited:

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
This looks interesting although the colors are kinda MEH.
I wonder how this would work with a wireless charger though?
Hmmm

Reactions: GeoStructural

ChromeAce

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
NOT compatible with iPhone 11 as it blocks the wireless charging port and must be removed for charging.

Last edited:

Brenzo

macrumors regular
May 1, 2011
Chicago
I am able to charge with a PopSocket (when collapsed) on a Qi charger pad without issue. I will say it takes a bit more effort to get it exactly placed, but it charges nonetheless. Also the Popsocket I use has an aluminum finish, if you have one of their premium metal finishes then that could interfere.

Should also note I have a very thin plastic case on, not thicker Apple silicone case, not sure if that makes a difference.

Reactions: DotCom2

KnighsTalker

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2009
In the Web
The... wireless charging... port?

I think ChromeAce meant to say "...it blocks the wireless charging..." spot. However it doesn't necessarily "block" the spot more then it precludes the iPhone 11/11 Max from making sufficient contact with a wireless charging pad.

I've heard that if a person were to position the PopSocket closer to the bottom of an iPhone, it allows the iPhone to get closer to the pad by leaning on it so that the phone will charge. With the new PopGrip Slide a person could conceivably "slide" it down or off the phone so that a person could wirelessly charge it. But as Brenzo just noted, it probably is a hit or miss proposition and a general pain in the butt to do so.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: H3LL5P4WN

Juiceboy

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2011
I personally use Phone loops. No bulk, compatible with nearly every case out there and works with wireless charging

artyweld

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2012
I have a couple of loop/ring style grips and a bunch of popsockets. The popsockets work better and are higher quality. and yeah they are wireless charging compatible, you snap the top off to charge. You're not going to see junk like the loop case in an apple store, come on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.