Popular Task Management App 'Any.do' Comes to Mac

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Any.DO today announced the launch of a Mac version of Any.Do, the company's popular task management app for iOS, allowing users to manage their tasks and to-dos on multiple platforms throughout the day. While the app quietly went live last week, today marks the official launch with a major Editor's Choice feature by Apple in the Mac App Store.

With Any.do for Mac, life is as productive as you want it to be. No need to pick up your phone or start your web browser. With one click from your desktop you get clear visibility into your daily tasks and all the same powerful planning features you've come to expect from the Any.do app. We've learned that it's the little differences that can make a big impact on your productivity, and that's why Any.do for Mac matters. Now, when you have an immediate access to your Any.do, being the best version of yourself is that much simpler.
Like its iOS counterpart, the Any.do Mac app includes basic to-do list features in addition to real-time user collaboration on tasks, voice entry, the ability to attach video, audio, photos and Dropbox files, and Any.do Moment, a daily planner feature.

While the app and service is free, Any.do also includes a premium subscription tier that gives users access to more color schemes, fully customizable reminders, location support and priority support from Any.DO's in-house support team. The subscription is regularly $4.99 a month, but is currently discounted to $2.99 a month to celebrate the launch of the Mac app.

Any.do is available in the Mac App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Popular Task Management App 'Any.do' Comes to Mac

acctman

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia
use to be a good app until they started the subscription. I would have paid $4.99 one-tim for the app... but a monthly fee for a to-do list is crazy.

pdaholic

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2011
I've been in search of a good task app that syncs with my Mac since RealMac has seemingly given up on fixing its sync bugs with the Clear app. The Mac interface for Any.do looks like the web version which is pretty bad--look how huge it is. Hard to look at your task list and do something else on screen. The search continues.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I cannot take this company seriously. I started using them on my Android phone in 2011, and they promised a web version then, which took until last year to get out of Chrome exclusively. They poured a lot of money into Cal in the meantime while Any.DO has just been sitting there. What ends up being a big update? That you get dumb perks like coupons for completing your tasks.

The concept is great, but it's easy enough to setup Wunderlist, Clear, and whatever else to work the same way nowadays. They seem like another company who's too obsessed about making their company a great atmosphere to work in than making their products better for their users.

This app looks like it belongs on an iPad and not a computer, and it took them four years to come up with it.

I don't expect them to last more than another year. Someone is going to buy them out eventually.

Last edited:

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I don't see anything in their privacy policy about how they protect the information you store in the app or application. It it transmitted securely? Is it encrypted on their servers? Can they read it or can only I read it?

pdaholic

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2011
I don't see anything in their privacy policy about how they protect the information you store in the app or application. It it transmitted securely? Is it encrypted on their servers? Can they read it or can only I read it?
Probably not safe to put anything in there about your patients, Doctor Q!

k2director

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2006
I've been in search of a good task app that syncs with my Mac since RealMac has seemingly given up on fixing its sync bugs with the Clear app. The Mac interface for Any.do looks like the web version which is pretty bad--look how huge it is. Hard to look at your task list and do something else on screen. The search continues.
You should try Things. It has bullet proof cloud synching for free between mac and iOS apps. A very popular todo app for Mac and ios community.

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
Try The Hit List.

Several months ago the developer has been bought by Karelia Software and since then they have done some great stuff, including releasing a damn good iOS 8 update a month ago and making sync free of charge.

The Mac app is also very good (and will probably receive a design update sometime soon).

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008
You could try GoodTask. Several members here use it, they have both Mac/IOS clients.

http://appshopper.com/mac/productivity/goodtask-remindersto-dotask-manager

http://appshopper.com/productivity/this-week-to-do-on-a-weekly-basis-reminderschecklist

pdaholic

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2011
You should try Things. It has bullet proof cloud synching for free between mac and iOS apps. A very popular todo app for Mac and ios community.
Thanks K2. I did try Things before. Several things I liked about it, but I have to say that it didn't seem IPhone 6plus friendly. Lots of reaching up to the corner and hitting the done button. That is why I liked clear; I usually take notes "on the fly" and it is hard to do it with some of the older style todo apps. Thanks again.

----------

Try The Hit List.

Several months ago the developer has been bought by Karelia Software and since then they have done some great stuff, including releasing a damn good iOS 8 update a month ago and making sync free of charge.

The Mac app is also very good (and will probably receive a design update sometime soon).
Hey Pickax! Thanks for the suggestion. I will read up more on Hit List, I've not seen it before. It's a bit pricy to just try it out ($15). Thanks again.

----------

Michael--thanks for the suggestion. I've actually got good task and thought it was good. Something kept me from using it--I think it was the fact that I couldn't actually manually order the tasks in a list. Can't remember for sure though. I did like the widget.

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany
If you can't even read about it, they probably have nothing in place.
If they have something in place, they obviously don't care enough about it, meaning if they deploy certain security measures, they might not try hard enough to stay on top of the security game.

In the end: pass if security is a concern.

Glassed Silver:mac

Fox Fisher

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2013
This subscription based apps are getting out of control, slowly eating your money with a snowball effect. Office, adobe cc, evernote, spotify and countless others...

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.