popup/virus scare

Discussion in 'macOS' started by zoomungus, Oct 11, 2009.

1. zoomungus macrumors member

Ok, I ran 2 sessions with adobe connect tonight, 2 customers separate sessions, anyhoo, then using firefox I tried to log into myspace and a malware popup popped up something called trustsoldier, I had to force quit ff to get rid of the pop up. So did this come from my customers machines via adobe connect or myspace has been hacked? this malware is not ported for the mac, right?

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

It looks like it is windows only so it shouldn't cause you any more problems (had a quick search with google).

3. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

Malware will not enter your system unless you install it. Since you force quit nothing happened.

4. zoomungus thread starter macrumors member

Thanks all for the replies, I thought i was safe as force quit. Did this come from firefox?

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

Trustsoldier is a scareware program. Google trustsoldier and look at the first link. Nothing to worry about. Usually it's from ads; web sites aren't that careful about what ads they let in since they get money from them. I swear they would have ads for pot if they thought they could get away with it.

6. zoomungus thread starter macrumors member

I did google it when it popped up and saw it was pc only but it was the first time it had happened on my mac. firefox is set to block ads but this got thru.
    it did scare me lol!