Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbell75

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
I didnt think Macs and Safari were prone to popup windows. Yes, I have the block popups activated in Safari. It only happens in Myspace so far but its the same ad anytime I click anything. I searched for popup blockers for Mac and it doesnt seem any exsist, what should I do?

mbell75

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
Yes Myspace. I get the vast majority of my business from there. Are there any 3rd party popup blockers for Macs?

psonice

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
Pop up blockers are never perfect. The problem is, sometimes sites have a button you click on that opens a new window (one you actually want), so the blocker shouldn't block this. Some sites use that fact to open popups.

Having said that, firefox + adblock. No popups, no ads, just whatever it is you actually wanted to look at :D It's not as 'mac friendly' as it should be, and it's slow on older computers, but still well worth using just for adblock.

mbell75

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
Just downloaded Firefox and I am running that now. Popup isnt there at all which means its in Safari, so thats not good.

mbell75

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
No add ons in Firefox. Also, a friend suggested I reset Safari and that seems to have worked so thats good to know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.