Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

K1N6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
I am trying to connect my xbox 360 and my iMac. I am using connect360. When i try to start connect360 up it tells me that ports 1900 and 9335 are in use and i need to free one up. How do i do this??:confused:

grifta67

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2008
Funny, I'm looking for the same answer!

On my router, I opened those ports to my Mac's IP. I also scanned my ports using Network Utility and it didn't show anything using them. I'm puzzled!

Dr. Portis

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2008
Conncect 360 Quick Fix

If you are getting the error message indicating port 1900 and 9335 is in use, I suggest opening up "Activity Monitor" and quit the process twonkeymedia_trail.

This will be a root process and require an administrator password.

Jarpo

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2008
If you are getting the error message indicating port 1900 and 9335 is in use, I suggest opening up "Activity Monitor" and quit the process twonkeymedia_trail.

This will be a root process and require an administrator password.

I was looking for this answer, too, and this definitely worked. My question is once I quit all the Twonkymedia stuff in the activity monitor will it keep coming back when I restart or is it gone for good?

iChan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2003
Dublin, Ireland.
i wonder how anyone figured this out

where the process came from in the first place

and i presume it does come back when you restart

i hate these niggling annoyances

ozymandias61

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2010
Hi,

Same problem here. Connect360 was working beautifully for week, then, after restarting the computer, simply stopped working, and error message concerning ports 1900 and 9335 appeared. Have installed no new software, done nothing different, my firewall is switched off, all Xbox router settings etc identical to before. Tried looking for the Twonky media software, but have only ever installed Connect360, so it is not there. Here is a list from my activity monitor:

Activity monitor
AppleSpell.service
ATSServer
Connect360 helper
Dock
Dropbox
Finder
Firefox
GrowlHelperApp
Hear Daemon
Hotspot Shield
ITunes Helper
launchd
loginwindow
mdworker
Pages
pboard
Spotlight
SystemUIServer
UserEventAgent

I really loved Connect360, can anyone spot anything here that would conflict/block the ports specified? As an afterthought, installed and tried to use Rivet, but my Xbox doesn't even see that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

LalaD

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2010
Port 1900 9335

My connect 360 was working fine up until a couple of days ago. Now it gives me the message : A required port appears to be in use, please free ports 1900 and/or 9335 if you wish to use Connect360. I do not have EyeTv or EyeConnect and I have looked in my Activity monitor and do not have Twonky media. I sent a question to Nullriver and have yet to get a response. Does anyone know if there is anything else that could be causing this error?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.