Port Covers

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BillMc40, Feb 4, 2012.

1. BillMc40 macrumors member

I work in a dusty environment. Was looking for silicone port covers for the 30 pin dock and head phone jack. I seen them posted here but have looked thru several pages and can't seem to find them now. Anyone have any leads where to find these?
    Bill Mc

2. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

There are also the Rings that seem to be a bit more expensive but better built.

I do stress the word "seem" though, I've never used port covers unless it was back in the iPhone 3G+Otterbox days... I'm past that now :\

30 Pin Cover
    Audio Jack Cover

3. Boston Rhett macrumors regular

4. -y0- macrumors 6502

-y0-

I'm curious to know this as well.

5. MsBeauty macrumors member

I have tried the plugs before and I lost it the other day... and recently i found this out in this board and have ordered one from amazon...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1316598

The case has a built-in-flap to protect ALL THE PORTS...

I will get it Monday and will post more review ...

6. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I've got the Rearth port plugs (both the headphone and dock ones), and they should work with the e13ctron case. There are some cases that have that same oval cutout that they don't work very well with (my Magpul cases, for instance). They'll WORK...but they don't seat as securely as I'd like.

I really like the headphone plugs, though. They're nice and secure and fit well.

I've found that they really cheap silicone dock covers on eBay are the best. They fit nice and snug and the bezel around the outside is a bit smaller, so they fit almost any case perfectly.

7. BillMc40 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for all of the help. Leaning towards the rearth. actually cheaper with the free shipping. Going to use these with my element vapor pro stealth.
    BillMc

8. BillMc40 thread starter macrumors member

Ordered t Rearth. I'll let you know how they work with the Vapor pro