Port-forwarding disabled my emails

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ParisElk, Sep 7, 2009.

1. ParisElk macrumors newbie

Hello, I 'm new to this forum.

Recently I did some port forwarding to get faster downloads on my bit torrent client (Vuze). Now I can't send or receive emails on Entourage or through my Gmail account.

If I shut down the computer and re-boot router and modem, I can receive emails once, but if I try a second time, it's no go (error message -23016 in Entourage, server not responding error in Safari/Gmail). Regular internet connection comes in just fine and Vuze is working.
    I figured I did something wrong in the port-forwarding process. So I cleared the port forwarding in the router and enabled UPnP there and in Vuze as well. But still no emails unless I shut down, unplug and reboot. Why would I be able to surf the Net but not receive my emails?

Is there something else I should be checking somewhere in OSX, for example?
    Please, can anyone help?

Specifics:
    Intel Mac OSX 10.4.11 using built-in ethernet
    Netgear RP614v3 Router
    Scientific Atlanta cable modem EPC2505
    Vuze TCP/UDP port : 63128
    Firewall is off
    Entourage Office X

Thanks in advance!

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

You mean when you open Gmail in a web browser it won't send emails? That should never happen. As long as you have an internet connection and a decent web browser, Gmail should be usable.

3. ParisElk thread starter macrumors newbie

I've got Google as my start page, and Gmail usually loads in a small window on this page, along with news headlines, weather, etc. The start page loads, but the Gmail window remains blank. I can surf the Internet with no problem, but I can't receive or send email from Gmail on the Web or from my POP account through Entourage.

Is there some setting in Gmail/Entourage that I have to tickle to get them to sync with UPnP?