Port Forwarding Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pezza3434, Feb 17, 2011.

1. pezza3434 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I've got a bit of a problem in regards to port forwarding. I'm probably being an idiot but I cant for the life of me figure it out.

I'm trying to forward the ports for utorrent in OS X via my router, and I then use a port checker like canyousee.org to see if it's working. I'm 99% sure it's set up correctly but still, the port doesn't seem to be open to my mac.

I tried booting to windows and tried to set up port forwarding and I had it working first time perfectly. This is what makes me think that it's an OS X issue. I've checked the OS X firewall and it's just currently set to off.

Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Alex

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

3. pezza3434 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your response.

I know how to set up port forwarding. As I mentioned I did the exact same thing and it worked when I was in windows 7 but when Im in OS X it doesn't work.

Also im aware about internal IP's changing, I also tried a static IP in OS X but it still didn't work.

Thanks.

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I have never had any issues with setting up port forwarding on my router. By doing it on the router I always found it forced OS X to do the same.:confused: