port forwarding problem time capsule

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Mikebuzzsaw, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Mikebuzzsaw macrumors 6502

first time owning an apple router and I seem to be having difficult port forwarding.

I'm trying to open up a port for shakespeer. I chose port 1402 and I put 1402 in public udp, public tcp, private udp and private TCP. Prviate ip address is 10.0.1.200

Nat port mapping is checked. everything else is left default. The port still won't open up! What am I missing?

2. jenso macrumors newbie

resolution

Hi mike

Did you manage to find a solution to this problem?
    I am having similar issues trying to set up my time capsule and thinking about trading it in if i can! I've been searching the net for solutions for days now...

Cheers,
    Jens

3. jenso macrumors newbie

sorted

Finally managed to sort the issue. I had to open up access to the applicable applications in the firewall...
    Hope others with this issue manage to find this thread as i cannot believe I could not find anything on the net with this solution!!
    Ta ta

4. cadrass macrumors newbie

What Firewall? I think this might affect all ports.

I apologize if I missed something but where did this firewall come from?

I am having a similar issue but with all ports. The traffic flow looks like:

Internet --> Cisco 1800 --> TimeCapsule --> Apache Server

The TimeCapsule is providing DHCP and NAT. From the TC out is Public address space; From the TC in is Private address space.

In the TC I set Port Forwarding to forward port 80 TCP to Port 80 TCP on the appropriate machine. I also tried a few obscure port numbers as well just in case port 80 was being filtered. Other forwards that are not working are 5900 for VNC and 21 for FTP.

Thanks.

5. emt1 macrumors 65816

There's a firewall built into Mac OS X.

System Preferences -> Security -> Firewall