Port Forwarding with router and airport

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Justmeandmymac, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Justmeandmymac macrumors newbie

I am not able to forward a port correctly with my current set-up.
    I have a belkin router connected to the internet and airport (BS) as wireless router set-up as bridge mode, connected to the belkin via a cable. I can see that my mac has the IP xxx.3, my router the IP xxx.1 and the airport base station the IP xxx.4.
    I have tried to set up the port forwarding on my router to point to xxx.3 as well as xxx.4 but nothing works. I have also allowed the program on my mac to receive incoming connections in the firewall setting on my mac.

any suggestions ... ? Please.

2. Justmeandmymac thread starter macrumors newbie

Solution

The first router is set up to forward the port to the Mac's IP while the second one has the router functionality disabled (bridge mode).

After surfing and reading I do not know how many posts, I thought about not trusting the Mac OS firewall and I changed the setting from "essential services with added transmission for incoming connections" to allow specific services (and managed them when they come up). And indeed after starting transmission I have got the request if I would like to allow this application to receive incoming data which I accepted ... result: port is open in transmission. Well I guess that there is something not really working as it should in the firewall ....