Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bored911

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
NYC
hey i want to forward a port through my airport extreme. It only gives me a couple options of what I want to forward through that port and none of them are working for setting up a ventrilo server. can anyone help me?

applefan69

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2007
Im pretty sure the mistake your making is you've forgot to set your computer up with a static IP... that is a very critical step, cause, without a static IP your router sort of identifies your computer differently every time you connect. When the router doesnt identify your computer the right way it won't know whihc computer to forward the ports to.

Then again im not experienced with the airport extreme settings and stuff, im only familiar with my DL-624... but i can assume these things are all similar throuhg out all routers.

cohibadad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2007
under Advanced>Port Mapping you can setup any port to any IP. Static IP is important but AEBS usually gives each device the same IP everytime.

bored911

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
NYC
i've done the port forwarding, but when i go there, it asks me which service i am forwarding, and none of those options seem to work for a vent server. Oh btw i do always have the same ip, internal and obviously external

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.