Portable Bluetooth Speaker?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by cambookpro, Dec 7, 2012.

1. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Hi,

I was thinking about buying a portable Bluetooth speaker, probably will use Christmas as an excuse to :p

I was wondering, what is the best to buy? I just want my iPhone to link with it and play a bit of music.

I was thinking the Jawbone Jambox, they're £100 on Amazon and that's about the limit of my budget, but was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions?

£100 is probably my limit however.

Many thanks!

2. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

I just picked up a Jambox today being that they were on sale. I have to say, I am impressed. The sound coming out of this thing is incredible for such a small speaker. And its very customizable, once connected to your computer and you sync it with Jawbone's Mytalk website.

I was steered away from the Beats By Dre Pill thing, one because its pill shaped, and two because their headphones get so much crap on here for their poor quality that I figured that would carry over to their speakers.

I was tempted to get the Big Box Jambox thing, but even on sale that thing is too expensive. Now I'm convinced that it wasn't necessary, the regular Jambox can hold its own. I picked up the "Limited Edition" red and black model.

3. iboost4u macrumors newbie

iboost4u

from where?

4. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

I saw it on sale at both Amazon and Best Buy. $129.99

5. BrandonZ macrumors 6502

Target also

6. hatersgonnahate macrumors 6502a

thinking of getting the JLAB Bouncer
    only $129

plus it can charge your phone or tablet via USB. anyone have this?

[​IMG]

7. riseboi macrumors member

I've been thinking of getting the JBL Flip. Listened to one at Bestbuy and it sounded great. There are some good reviews on line too. $99 at Bestbuy.

I got a Jambox when they first came out. It was ok, but I had issues with the BT connection and the volume. They may have addressed those issues, I don't know.

8. MacAttacked macrumors member

I too tried the Jambox but was underwhelmed with the volume. While it does a great job for such a tiny speaker, I prefer something louder.

9. stock28 macrumors member

Although a bit more expensive, the Jabra Solemate sounds great and it's a bit louder than the Jambox. Most reviews on it have been very good and I am very happy with it. The BT connects very easily and stays connected. I got it on sale for $149.00 at Best buy couple weeks ago.

10. Ipaddict macrumors newbie

You can't go wrong with monster
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_1_17?k=bluetooth+monster+speaker&sprefix=Bluetooth+monster

11. JTravers macrumors 6502a