Portable charger for iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Glennster, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Glennster macrumors 6502

Glennster

I want to get one for my iPad 4 but how do I know whether the portable charger is strong enough to charge the iPad? What should I look for in a portable charger regarding power capacity ?

2. D.T. macrumors G3

D.T.

I've been super impressed with all my Anker products and they're priced competitively. So an iPad 4 appears to have a 11560 mAh battery, so if you bought something like this:

http://a.co/41e92Yh

Anker PowerCore 26800 Portable Charger
    • Colossal Capacity: 26800mAh of power charges most phones over 7 times, tablets at least 2 times and any other USB device multiple times.
    • High-Speed Charging: 3 USB output ports equipped with Anker's PowerIQ and VoltageBoost technology ensure high-speed charging for three devices—simultaneously (Not compatible with Qualcomm Quick Charge).
    • Recharge 2X Faster: Dual Micro USB (20W) input offers recharge speeds up to twice as fast as standard portable chargers—a full recharge takes just over 6 hours. (wall charger not included)
    • What You Get: PowerCore 26800, 2X Micro USB Cable, Travel Pouch, Welcome Guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service. USB-C cable and Lightning cable for iPhone / iPad sold separately.

That would handle a couple of full rechargings, it's pretty portable (3.21 x 7.09 x 0.87 in, ~1 lb) and $64 which is a solid price. You might even be able to buy direct and find a good coupon.

3. sparksd macrumors 68020

I have the RAVPower version of the 26800mAh battery and it also works great - and I agree that Anker is great brand (I have multiple of their products). But the 26800mAh batteries are large and heavy - if you only need 1 or 2 iPad charges out of it at a time, you may want a smaller, lighter 15000mAh power pack. Again, Anker & RAVPower are excellent brands.

4. DoubleFlyaway macrumors 6502a

DoubleFlyaway

This is what i have, and it’s great. I use it for my 12.9 IPad Pro, which is a beast to charge. It keeps me good through international flights.