Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raymanh

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 27, 2017
I was looking for a portable charger for my 2016 MBP 13" (61W charging) and was thinking is there something like a portable charger for this that can also be used as a regular charging power adaptor? This would mean I replace the apple 61W adaptor and just use this, then when I go somewhere I can just bring it with me and it'll also hold power. Thanks.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I know they exist in the 5000mAh editions for cellphones but not in the voltage that the laptop requires. At least to my knowledge.

raymanh

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 27, 2017
Yes basically. For example something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FLOUREON-2...table+charger&qid=1559080137&s=gateway&sr=8-3

but also being able to simply plug that into the wall to allow it to be used like the original apple power adaptor, but then when you unplug it you have a portable battery! With that ^ battery pack it says it can itself be charged at >30W... so I'd have to use my original apple 61w adaptor for to charge it. So looking for something that incorporates a 61w power adaptor, big battery, 61w power out and allows pass through so that this battery-adaptor-pack thingy can bypass its battery and directly charge my MacBook when this battery-adaptor-pack thingy is plugged into the wall. Hope that makes sense!

[doublepost=1559080387][/doublepost]
I know they exist in the 5000mAh editions for cellphones but not in the voltage that the laptop requires. At least to my knowledge.

Yeah that's all I could find too.

Last edited:

raymanh

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 27, 2017

Thanks. The hyper juice 130w loooks good except:

1. It still has a separate power adaptor brick to charge it (I’d like an all in one unit to reduce the amount of ‘bricks I have to carry around.

2. Although it says it does pass through charging, does this mean that if if i use it as my MacBook power adaptor that the hyper juice battery will be alternating every few seconds between outputting to my mac’s battery and then recharging itself, or does the power bypass the battery. In other words I prefer the latter as it means it won’t put unnecessary battery cycles in the hyperjuice

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.