Portable Chargers for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Swinny, May 29, 2009.

1. Swinny macrumors regular

Does anyone have any experience of using portable chargers with the iPhone? Do any work?

Am going away camping for a week and would like to have the iPhone with me for phone and the odd bit of entertainment if necessary - but might not have access to power to keep it running for 5/6 days.

So any experiences with the cheap wind-up or AA battery chargers (or the more expensive alternatives) working with the iPhone?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Will you have a car with you? If so an inverter and the standard charger would work fine.

3. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Mophie 3g Air

I use the Mophie 3g air and love it for travel.

4. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

5. V4705 macrumors 6502

i never liked the idea of external battery combine with a case, it looks too clumsy to me.

i love the richard solos, they have 1800mah and 1200mah versions, i prefer the 1200mah because of its dimensions.

6. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

7. Fugitivo8 macrumors newbie

What about solar chargers? does anyone had any experience with them?

I am going camping for a week with no car or outlet. The only way I can think of charging them is solar I think.

Do anyone recomend?

thank you

8. OlgaJ macrumors 6502

The Imax IMP500 is what I use. You can recharge your iPhone 4.5 times with it. I can even have it hooked up in my purse while going around. I can have it hooked up while watching videos on a plane and still have a fully charged phone when arriving at my destination.

[​IMG]

9. jsimpson macrumors regular

jsimpson

I use the Just Mobile Gum Pro (4400mah) works like the iMax charger and you can charge it while you charge the iPhone too.