Portable Chargers

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Frainza, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Frainza macrumors newbie

Frainza

Hi

I currently own the late 2016 MacBook Pro 15inch. I'm looking for a way to be able to charge via a portable charger and was wondering what the best ones out there were. When I search the results are very limited.

Much appreciated

George

2. white7561 macrumors newbie

white7561

I think the one with power delivery compatible

3. Frainza thread starter macrumors newbie

Frainza

Do you know any specific product, I look and it's mixed with people saying it won't work it will work etc

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

It needs to provide 85W power really, that's about it. a 65w one will probably work but it'll charge slowly and may still use battery while on charge if you are running intensive stuff.

5. white7561 macrumors newbie

white7561

If u use normal powerbank with no support for power delivery. It's gonna charge the MBP at max 5v 2amps or 3 amps if I'm not wrong. But if u use power delivery compatible. It might use higher voltage .. as today there might be a little to none. But since QUALCOMM quick charge 4 powerbank are coming out. Just wait for it as quick charge 4 supports wide variety of voltages and also support power delivery. So theoretically it will charge MBP with faster speeds

6. Frainza thread starter macrumors newbie

Frainza

Any idea on when abouts they are expected to drop?
    --- Post Merged, Apr 10, 2017 ---
    Hmmmm I see okay thank you

7. white7561 macrumors newbie

white7561

The price might be the same as they just upgrade the chips inside the powerbank. Same price as the earlier version. I use Anker Powercore+ 26800 Quick Charge 3.. if I am you I will wait for the qc 4 version tho