Portable DVD Player

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aquabella, Aug 18, 2008.

1. aquabella macrumors newbie

I am looking for a portable DVD Player to connect my iPod touch to. I've seen a couple while searching, like a Philips model, but a review I read said it doesn't work with the new generation iPods (even though it has a specific dock for iPods).

I want a small portable DVD player with an 8" or 9" screen, fairly long battery life (six hours is the best I find), the ability to play video from my iPod touch as well as DVDs. We are taking our two year old daughter on a long plane ride and we would use our mac laptop but the battery life sucks.

I am aware that Apple sells a special cable to connect to the TV, but it costs $50. The non-Apple similar cables don't work because the touch requires some chip that is only in the Apple cable. I'd also like to avoid buying the expensive Apple cable, but I guess it may be unavoidable. With this cable, I would guess any portable DVD player with composite / component inputs would probably work.

Anyway, has anybody had any luck connecting the iPod touch to a portable DVD Player WITHOUT the expensive Apple cable?

Thanks

2. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

Looking for the same thing

I was looking for the same thing because i have an older portable dvd player without ipod dock or inputs. Bu i only found ones that work with the video.
    I bought the component cables from apple and in the end there not really expensive since you get the AC adaptor to. I suggest to get the glasses that plug into the ipod and seem like a movie theater screen in just tiny glasses.:apple: