Portable External Speaker...When?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by Resist, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

When will someone make a small portable external speaker for the iPod Touch? Something that blends into the Touch. It would be nice to show numerous friends at once video clips on my Touch with out having to lug around huge speaker kits. I am really surprised big names companies have not come up with something small and portable by now.

2. MrT8064 macrumors 6502a

MrT8064

yeh i'm with you on this one!

somthing like iTrip, but stereo speakers and a mic (for skype) perhaps?

3. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

Check out the Journi from Griffin here. The only issue I see is being able to watch things on it when horizontal. Hmm.

I just happened across it while looking at their "Tuneflex Aux" which looks like an ideal arrangement for a car dock.

MacDann

4. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

MacDann,

I am looking for something much smaller than what you are talking about. The primary purpose of it would be to show video on the go. The sound quality doesn't have to be great. I just want to not have to share ear buds and be able to allow more than one person to view and hear the video content. It wouldn't be for watching full length movies, as I could use bigger speakers for that. I just want something very small that blends into the Touch's form factor, fits in my shirt pocket with the Touch and doesn't need batteries. I saw such a product but I think it is made in Hong Kong. Can't Griffin make something like this that plugs into the Touch's dock?

5. EnTg888 macrumors member

6. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

EnTg888,

Those are exactly the external speakers I have seen before, only they were black. Now only if Griffin could make something like them.

7. ghettochris macrumors 6502a

i'd almost rather little bluetooth speakers that you don't have to attach, maybe even work as a nice stand too

8. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

I only want something that is very portable to take with on the go. As I said before sound quality is not that important for this purpose. I just want others to be able to hear my videos.

If I want to watch movies or music videos at home on my Touch, I can plug it into bigger and better external speakers.

For what I want though, I just need something simple and inexpensive that doesn't need batteries.

9. dagored macrumors 65816

10. iJordo macrumors member

I just want

a speaker that fits the design of the ipod touch, and adds at most a centimeter to its height and plugs into either the usb or headphone jack... it needs to be black and fit the design of the ipod touch... oh i cant wait too much longer for this priceless accessory

11. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Never, hopefully. Afterall, it'll just give kids another way of playing their irritating music out loud in public places. :rolleyes:

12. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Again, I don't want something the needs batteries. It should be powered by the Touch's internal battery only.

13. dagored macrumors 65816

Like I said, its the best I can do. There is nothing out there at the moment. If you find something that plugs into the bottom of the Touch, PLEASE post it.

14. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

I emailed Griffin and asked them when they are going to make a small portable external speaker for the Touch, like they have for other iPods. They said they have no intention on making one for the Touch. I am wondering why, because it seems like there is a big market for one. I still don't know why Apple hasn't come up with one either.

15. jbarr macrumors regular

I really wish Apple had built-in some simple speakers. The transducer just doesn't cut it.