Portable HDTV antenna for EyeTV?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JNB, Dec 24, 2007.

1. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

I'm awaiting my EyeTV Hybrid today, and my main use for it is while I'm traveling (which is what I do about 40 weeks out of the year), and the occasional football game at home when the main TV is being used for the Lifetime Channel :p.

And yes, for some insane reason I originally thought that the HD antenna was magically self-contained in the Hybrid. :eek:

Since I'll likely be more interested on the road for over-the-air HD, I need to find a compact and reliable antenna that can be relatively easily folded/stowed in my luggage. Any suggestions/experiences?

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

3. JNB thread starter macrumors 604

JNB

If it does, that's mentioned nowhere in Elgato's website.

4. atarin macrumors regular

Nope. There's no built-in antenna. I use the Philips MANT510. It might fit into luggage (it doesn't fold completely flat). It gets absolutely beautiful signals for my EyeTV Hybrid. It's not that expensive, either. Look here at Amazon.

5. JNB thread starter macrumors 604

JNB

As it turns out, I was at Lowe's for something else on Monday, and they had a small selection of antennas. Got the Philips SDV2270/17 for about $16. Works great for digital signals, I was amazed. I only wish ESPNHD and DiscoveryHD were available OTA...