Portable Mobile Printer?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Lanarae, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Lanarae macrumors member

I need recommendation for a mobile printer for my MacBook Pro and iPad. Any suggestions? Thank You

2. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

What do you mean by portable? Do you want one that is easily relocated? Or do you want a true portable, meaning battery powered?

There was a post a while back looking for an Airprint capable portable printer. The consensus was that there was no such thing. Maybe someone has stepped up in the last 4 months.

Anyways, there are some pretty small printers that are Airprint compatible (with wifi). But they require AC power. Depending on your usage, you might be able to get away with something like that. I think it was the HP Envy 100 or something like that.

The key would be for the printer to be able to set-up it's own ad-hoc network for the Mac/iPad to connect to for printing.

ft

3. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Look at the Canons; I think the latest is the IP-100. Inkjet, works off AC.

I have the predecessor, the IP-90. Works great. Good color, reasonable speed. Canon is very supportive of Macs; I wouldn't go with HP if you could avoid it.

It does require USB, but if it's hooked to a Mac you can use Printopia to print to it from an iOS device like an iPad. If you wanna go wireless you can purchase a bluetooth adapter for it to use instead of USB (this would work with your Mac, but I doubt that any iOS device has the profile to print via bluetooth even if it can connect).

Rob

4. Lanarae thread starter macrumors member

I just bought the HP Envy, a very nice printer. Thanks

5. Fallfromgrace macrumors newbie

I've got the Hp Envy too, I love it, it's very easy to use with the set up, I've had it printing on labels,scanning etc, not tried it with card as yet.

I bought mine from John Lewis, and it had a years guarantee on it, and it just cost £149 via website