Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techfinder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2015
Ive come across this super portable adapter, The KADi Port. Ive already backed the HUB+ port but to be honest I don't understand why the KADi Port hasn't got way more in funding, it just seems like a way better / more useful product.

Note: I have since cancelled my HUB+ pledge and made a KADi Port pledge.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/714748206/the-kadi-port-a-macbook-essential

52d045ed0ce127840b41e7eda2b62d1c_original.jpg

Queen6

macrumors G4
Some are talking here, as for the KADI;

KADI: solely port expansion, data, video & power.
Downside as the Kadi mimics the Retina MacBook`s svelte profile, I can see some USB plugs etc. may place strain and or force the Kadi up off the desk, requires a further adaptor for HDMI.

Q-6

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden
Yep, already posted...but oertinent in any case because this one is now as of today officially funded. Delivery to backers is still scheduled for August as of the latest update email that went out from them today.

As @Queen6 says, very fat connector designs may indeed push up the hub and create stress on the USB-C portion. However, Apple's own cables won't have this problem at all, and in my own personal use case, I can only see myself using the USB-A to charge an iPhone or iPad in a pinch. YMMV of course.

For me, and this is the only one I've backed. It is the most lightweight, simple, and portable solution, which was what I was looking for. I don't want an extra battery and haven't used HDMI in 4+ years of MBA ownership. I am not looking for a permanent desktop dock. If I were, the Portable USB-C dock would be preferable to the Hub+ as it is a much more complete and capable solution. Hub+ is sort of a 'tweener - but I guess is a good option if you are looking for an all arounder jack of all trades type of solution.

Queen6

macrumors G4
As @Queen6 says, very fat connector designs may indeed push up the hub and create stress on the USB-C portion. However, Apple's own cables won't have this problem at all, and in my own personal use case, I can only see myself using the USB-A to charge an iPhone or iPad in a pinch. YMMV of course.

That`s why Apple`s own multipart adaptor is on a short line and not directly connected to the Notebooks USB C port.

Q-6

Reactions: MyopicPaideia
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.