Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good portable scanner that works well with the iPad? I know you can just use the camera for a number of apps. I've done that but it takes a lot of time to line up the camera just so and work the edges correctly. Still you don't end up with a professional looking scan.

I've tried the Ion Air Copy, which at it's tech specs should work perfectly. It creates it's own wifi to connect with the iPad, iPhone or PC and transfers the image that way. However, I haven't been able to get one that works dependably. My first one worked 25% of the time and then developed white lines on the scans that couldn't be cleaned off the lens. I just got a replacement and it doesn't work consistently with the wifi either. So I'm sending it back. I don't have to have wifi but would be happy with a scanner that can just transfer via the camera connector. Does anyone have a portable scanner that can use the camera connector to transfer the images?

Thanks for your help.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good portable scanner that works well with the iPad? I know you can just use the camera for a number of apps. I've done that but it takes a lot of time to line up the camera just so and work the edges correctly. Still you don't end up with a professional looking scan.

I've tried the Ion Air Copy, which at it's tech specs should work perfectly. It creates it's own wifi to connect with the iPad, iPhone or PC and transfers the image that way. However, I haven't been able to get one that works dependably. My first one worked 25% of the time and then developed white lines on the scans that couldn't be cleaned off the lens. I just got a replacement and it doesn't work consistently with the wifi either. So I'm sending it back. I don't have to have wifi but would be happy with a scanner that can just transfer via the camera connector. Does anyone have a portable scanner that can use the camera connector to transfer the images?

Thanks for your help.

Maybe this:
ION Air Copy Wireless Photo and Document Scanner with Built-In WiFi by ION Audio http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BB3PQDG/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_g5mTtb15BPKYS

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Maybe this:
ION Air Copy Wireless Photo and Document Scanner with Built-In WiFi by ION Audio http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BB3PQDG/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_g5mTtb15BPKYS

Yeah that's the one that I've tried two of. The idea of it is great, however it doesn't work consistently. Works like 25% of the time. So you have to keep trying and trying and once in awhile it works. I thought the first one was just defective so I sent it back for a replacement, but the 2nd one is no better. I tried using it with the camera adapter but it won't connect that way - says the device uses too much power and will only connect via it's own wifi but only when it feels like it :confused::(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.