Portal 2 Coming?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by milbournosphere, Mar 2, 2010.

1. milbournosphere macrumors 6502a

milbournosphere

2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

There are also Half-Life references appearing.

How awesome would it be if we got *color*box, containing Portal 2 AND HL2 Episode 3?

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I wouldn't count on a sequel so soon. If anything I'd imagine the radio messages being related to HL2 Episode 3, or just expanding the HL universe.
    There was already a strong HL reference in Still Alive "I think I prefer to stay in here" hinting at the invasion outside.

Then again I said the same thing about L4D2 and then it was announced :D.

4. chocolaterabbit macrumors regular

let's see, it's been nearly 2.5 years since Portal and HL2 EP2 was released. Yup, Valve, it's high time you released the sequels.

Though knowing Valve time, if it's not at least 3 years they won't be satisfied. I'm guessing they'll take ten years to release HL3.

5. pcypert macrumors 6502

I thought I read somewhere that EP3 was delayed or not coming out anytime soon? I would LOVE a Portal 2 at any time though. Can't come out soon enough...

Paul

6. milbournosphere thread starter macrumors 6502a

milbournosphere

I dunno. Something is certainly up. Why would valve go to all of this trouble? The even set up a dial-up BBS chock full of cryptic ASCII art. Props to them for putting so much effort in. I would expect some form of announcement to come sooner rather than later; this has all happened rather recently.

7. pcypert macrumors 6502

Personally my fingers are more crossed for a Portal 2 than for EP3... I don't mind EP3, but would probably have a lot more fun with Portal 2

8. milbournosphere thread starter macrumors 6502a

milbournosphere

Portal 2 announced today:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/3559/

I can't wait. The first game was awesome. I expect some big things from Valve this year. There are hints at steam coming out for OSX as well. It'll be a good year!

9. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

10. mr.thedaniel macrumors regular

According to Valve Portal 2 will be the first official release for Steam OSX

11. eafd macrumors newbie