PORTAL 2 Now Available for Preorder

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by allfunandgames, Feb 14, 2011.

1. allfunandgames macrumors member

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I saw that earlier. I like Portal, but I don't know if I'll be preordering Portal 2.

3. Cougarcat macrumors 604

As much as I want this, Valve games go on sale so often I wonder if would be prudent just to wait. Left 4 Dead 2 was 50% off just 3 months after release. And I won't have time to play much in April and May, anyways.

4. lordjonny macrumors regular

lordjonny

think i'll just wait for steam to be released for linux and get portal 2 for free....now how am i gonna get my hands on portal 3:confused:

5. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Portal 1 was one of my all time favorite games. BUT I doubt I will have time to play Portal 2 until at least the holidays this year; and thus, I don't plan on buying it until then (when it will most likely be on sale).

Damn work screws up all my fun. :D

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I really enjoyed Portal for what it was- a cheap and lovely gem of a game bundled with some of the best games in recent years. Portal 2 seems like a typical Hollywood sequel. I hope it doesn't lose its charm and they keep up the surprises, but so far the trailers haven't got that across.

I won't be preordering. Probably get it during the next big sale when it'll no doubt drop to £5.

7. Ben Dixon macrumors member

Put my preorder in last night with HMV over here in the UK. Getting the PS3 version because I'll technically get 3 copies of the game for the price of one.

Absolutely loved the first one and everything I have seen about this one has me very interested

8. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Is it worth $45 pre-order? :eek:

I got the whole orange box that includes Team Fortress 2 and Portal for the same price.

9. wippler macrumors newbie

If you have a PS3, buy the PS3 edition, it costs a little more than PC version. But you get PS3 copy, and one PC/Mac copy which is sweet.

Also its a full production this time, last time it was only added as a small puzzle game in "The Orange Box". But not sure how many hours it will take to complete the game. Last one was pretty short like 3hrs.

10. DaveNinja macrumors 6502

DaveNinja

if you have a friend who buys the PS3 version could they then give you the mac version or are they tied together some way?

11. Ben Dixon macrumors member

To get the free steam version, you need to link your steam and PSN account details.

12. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Pre-ordered. Mainly due to the free copy of Portal that comes with it that I can gift my friend on his birthday.

13. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

Will this be true of Home Front too? I notice it is available on consoles and steam play.

14. Cougarcat macrumors 604

No, and I am not sure where you are reading that it's SteamPlay.

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I looked into that too (I don't even own a PS3) but at £40 and it's an FPS without a mouse, nah. Good idea though - I hope Valve and others continue down this road.

16. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

Sorry, I read that it is Steamworks, not SteamPlay. I'm confused by the terminology.

"We can officially confirm that Homefront will be a Steamworks title"
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1756421