Portal 2 on PS3 console - coop = network only?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by nfable, Apr 22, 2011.

1. nfable macrumors regular

nfable

Can't seem to find the answer to this in any of the glowing reviews out there:

"Can I sit on a sofa with my wife and play coop Portal 2 on one PS3 at the same time?"

I suppose it'd be split screen but can't find a definitive answer.

thx,
    nf

2. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

I can't find anything about it, but if you get it on your PC/Mac you can play split screen :p

3. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

4. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

It does have split screen..
    You can also play PC/Mac vs PS3 with one disc as well.

Link The PSN to one account and use the included free pc code. Then log in with a different PSN on the ps3, then log in with a different steam account there also. Now you can play pc vs ps3 with no extra purchase :)

5. jonpwnz macrumors member

jonpwnz

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't you just buy the PS3 version of the game and then use the voucher inside and activate your mac/pc copy...THEN trade the PS3 version back in for credit (without the voucher). Essentially making the pc/mac copy almost free, and giving you some money to use on something else? If you plan on playing on mac anyway.....I mean right?

6. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

You could. The voucher code is linked with your steam Id and your PSN account.
    If you use the code, the PS3 copy can be used with another PSN and steam ID... They just don't get to use it on PC.
    This is the same reason why you can play pc vs ps3 with only only copy of the game (ps3 copy)

7. MRU Suspended

MRU

But you'll have to wait till PSN comes back on before you do ;)

8. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502

have you tested this yet?

9. nfable thread starter macrumors regular

nfable

Great, thanks man... prolly woulda got anyhow but this makes it a lock for me.

nf

10. hegor macrumors member

I regard the PS3 version as the best (assuming PSN ever comes back) because of the free pc/mac download. The one day I had Portal 2 before PSN blew up, I enjoyed playing co-op portal 2 with a pc gamer friend on Steam.

11. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

Yes, on the 19th while PSN was still up. Worked fine, it is how my brother and I played co-op as I can not deal with a controller and split screen ;)