Portal 2 Question

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by SnowTronic, Mar 28, 2011.

1. SnowTronic macrumors member

Does anybody know if Portal 2 will come with an in game map editor/sandbox?

2. 87am macrumors regular

Don't know. But i really hope it will run alright on my new 2.2 2011 pro, because I preordered it!

3. bluemonkeyguy macrumors 6502

I was asking myself that question too. Sandbox/forge editor would be fantastic and it would also increase the re-playability factor.

I don't know about a console editor but a PC editor that could export to a file share on both PC and console would be awesome. But then again, all of this requires more work and programming that might affect the core of the game that we wanted originally.

Besides I think the development time is up, 3 more weeks till release so only time will tell. But IMO, I don't think they will have one on release. You never know if they might develop one later as DLC.:D

4. SlickShoes macrumors 6502a

It would be awesome, the only game to do that so far was Unreal Tournament 3. It came with the editor on PC and those PC users could create maps for the PS3 that PS3 users could download and install via USB drive.

Id love to get into this kind of stuff but have no idea where to start, we have a lot of the tools at my work but its all a bit overwhelming to a complete newby.

5. Ben Dixon macrumors member

It most certainly is coming with a map editor although it's being released after release. Check the Portal 2 info on Steam and it should say it there. I can't wait to get my hands on both the game and the editor